Saturday, September 1, 2012

Malibu Bay Breeze Cocktail Recipe


I can remember my sister drinking these when we were younger and barely of legal drinking age. I don't drink much anymore, now that I'm a 'grown up' and have responsibilities. However, on rare occasions I like to think back to our glory days and mix up one of these refreshing cocktails. Here's the recipe:

1 and a half ounces of Malibu Coconut Rum
2 ounces of  Cranberry Juice
2 ounces of Pineapple Juice

Pour over ice and stir. 
or if you have one of those fancy drink shakers and want to pretend that you are Tom Cruise from Cocktail, go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! Yes, still one of my favorites. I used to always keep a bottle of Malibu on hand for emergencies. The only thing that cured me of them is on my 31st birthday I went out with Andy and some co-workers and started drinking these. I'm not sure how many I had, but I didn't realize just how drunk I had gotten until I tried to stand up to go to the bathroom. Andy had to catch me before I hit the floor, haha. I'm pretty sure that I was very close to alcohol poisoning that night. The bartender must have been making them extra strong, but I didn't notice because they are so sweet. Needless to say, I rarely drink them now. Just the taste reminds me of that night, and not in a good way. ;)Oh, and if you ask for one down here in the south, they have no idea what you're talking about. I guess the Bay Breeze was a Chesapeake Bay area drink. Down here I've heard it called a Malibu Smash.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...