Monday, September 3, 2012

Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwich

I know in the south barbeque is a sacred thing. However, I personally am not a fan of the Pulled Pork Sandwich. There are 2 different types of Pork BBQ sandwiches. One is made with shredded pork and bbq sauce mixed together and the other one is the "pulled pork" sandwich which is just the dry shredded or chopped pork on a bun and you have to add your own bbq sauce on the top. It's the dry pulled pork sandwich that I just can't stand. Maybe I'm not going to the right places or maybe I just don't like pork shoulder that much. Who knows?! So, as an alternative I decided to make myself a Chicken BBQ Sandwich.

I just LOVE boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets. You can use them for all sorts of different recipes. They cook so much faster without the bone. Last night, I had made BBQ chicken thighs in the oven. So, I just took the leftover thighs from last nights dinner and shredded them. I mixed in some store bought BBQ sauce (Garland Jack's Secret Six Original)  and put it in the microwave. You can also heat this on the stove top. After it's heated through, put this mixture on your favorite bread and enjoy!

If you don't have leftover chicken, you can also get one of those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. The rotisserie chickens are real time savers! Since the store is cooking the chicken for you, you don't have to make a mess in the kitchen or take the time to cook the chicken yourself. They are great for a quick dinner, chicken salad, white bean chicken chili, chicken spaghetti (use chicken instead of groud beef) or for making this recipe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...