Sunday, September 2, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken on a Stick Recipe


My kids just love the "chicken on a stick" at the Chinese buffet. So, I figured I would try making them at home. I don't know that this is an actual "recipe" because I used a bottled Teriyaki Sauce when making these. This recipe made 24 skewers.
Here's what you'll need:

1 large package (2.5lbs) of boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets
1 bottle of Kikkoman Original Teriyaki Sauce
1 pack (100 ct.) Bamboo Skewers


The first thing I did was soak the skewers in cold water while I was preparing the chicken. It doesn't say to do this on the package. However, I thought I had done this before when making kabobs to keep the skewers from burning so much on the grill.


To make the chicken into strips, I just stretched the fillet out and cut it down the center long ways. There were 12 thighs in this package which made 24 strips of chicken. 


Next, I poured about half the bottle of Teriyaki sauce in a bowl and added the chicken strips and let them marinate for about 15 minutes while I was preparing the grill. 
Next, I put the chicken strips on the skewers, I just kind of weaved back and forth with the skewer to make sure the chicken was secure on the stick. When I was finished I brushed on more of the sauce from the marinating bowl over the chicken.
Then time to grill. These seemed to cook up pretty quick. I would say about 10-20 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. 

Here is the finished Teriyaki Chicken on a Stick. They tasted just like the ones we get at our local Chinese restaurant!




1 comment:

  1. It is truly a supportive blog to locate some unique source to include my insight. I came into mindful of new expert blog and I am inspired with proposals of creator. Lunch in Blaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...