Monday, September 10, 2012

Pot Roast using Sauer's Bag & Seasoning Mix

I usually cook my pot roast for hours in the oven. I decided to try a Sauer's Pot Roast Bag & Seasoning packet that I picked up at the store. The cooking bag is supposed to save time in the kitchen. The package suggests only cooking the roast for 1 and 1/2 hours. 

I used about a 4 pound beef chuck roast. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, place the bag in a 9x13 baking dish. Place the roast inside the bag. The packages says to add 3-4 cups of chopped vegetables. I used onions and potatoes. I would have used some carrots but this roast took up quite a bit of space in the bag and I didn't think I would have enough room and didn't want to over pack the bag.
 Then, you mix the seasoning with about 1/4 cup of water. Then you pour the mixture over the roast and vegetables in the bag. 
 Here's a glimpse inside the bag. It's looking pretty good at this point. 
 Next, you close up the bag with a little tie they include in the package. 
 Place the roast in the oven and bake for about an hour and a half.
 After baking I pulled the roast out of the oven and let it rest there on top of the stove for a few minutes. Be careful when cutting the bag open as you could burn yourself on the escaping steam. 
In the end, it turned out pretty good. The seasoning had a nice flavor to it. Those little charred bits on the top were from some green pepper pieces that were in the seasoning mix. I didn't really noticed that it altered the flavor any. The potatoes were wonderfully cooked and yummy. Overall, I think this was a good product. If you don't have time to cook a roast for hours you should give the Sauer's Bag & Seasoning a try.

If you can not find Sauer's brand seasonings in your local store they are available online at www.cfsauer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...